COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. If you are dissatisfied with the level of service you have received, we need you to inform us so that we can address any issues. This will help us improve our standards and ensure that you are receiving proper service from us.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with the lawyer responsible for your matter, or, if you prefer, our Complaints Partner, Joel Ferdinand, at FisherBroyles (UK), LLP, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, ECY 9HU, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
- We will send you a letter and/or an email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure. If necessary, we will ask you to provide us with further details or information. We also will let you know who will be handling your complaint.
- We then will investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Complaints Partner reviewing your complaint and speaking to members of our staff who acted for you.
- Following our investigation, and within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter, our Complaints Partner will invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting, or it is not possible, our complaints partner may instead offer you the opportunity to discuss the matter by telephone.
- Within 14 days of the meeting, or, if no meeting takes place, within 28 days of receipt of your original written complaint, we will send you a detailed response. Where we have asked you for further information, you will receive our response within 14 days after we receive that information from you. Our response will state the outcome of our investigation. If, however, we require more time to investigate your complaint, we will notify you and confirm the next time we contact you.
- At this stage, if you still are not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner at the firm who is unrelated with the matter to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we have to change any of the timescales outlined above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are still not satisfied and you are a member of the public, a very small business, a charity, a club, or a trust, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman.
© 2020 FisherBroyles, LLP
© 2020 FisherBroyles (UK), LLP
FisherBroyles (UK), LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC426505 and is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The SRA authorisation number is 658162.
This material is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes. Attorney Advertising.