T: (412) 230-8555
M: (412) 401-2000
F: (412) 774-2382
Send mail to:
The Detective Building
224 N. Euclid Avenue, Suite 200
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- Commercial Litigation
- Compliance Counseling
- Cyber-Risk, Privacy & Data Security
- Financial Services & Lending
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial & Trial Services
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- District of Colorado
- Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Southern District of Indiana
- District of Maryland
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Western District of New York
- Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Western District of Tennessee
- Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2002
- University of Notre Dame du Lac, Bachelor of Arts (Government), 1995
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Jones Day
- Reed Smith
Jason Spak is a litigator. He helps his clients by filing lawsuits, defending against lawsuits, and managing the risks and expenses that lawsuits create. He’s been asked to handle claims for more than $50 million and less than $5,000, and to appear in the courts of more than 25 states, from Maine to California, and from Minnesota to Texas. No matter the place or the amount of money at stake, Jason strives to be assertive but practical, by engaging in aggressive litigation when it’s required, and calm efforts at settlement when it isn’t.
Jason was an award-winning teacher before he became a lawyer, and he draws on that experience every day to explain the law and the facts, in plain English, to his clients, to their adversaries, and to the courts. His areas of expertise include consumer financial services, insurance coverage, and interpleader.
In consumer financial services litigation, Jason defends financial services companies against allegations that they violated an alphabet soup of federal statutes, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). He also represents lenders in contested foreclosure litigation.
In insurance coverage matters, Jason resolves coverage claims, bad faith allegations, and disputes among insurers, brokers, and producers. In interpleader, Jason helps insurance and annuity companies to avoid disputes over an asset, and to resolve claims of mismanagement.
Jason provides pro bono legal services to several Pittsburgh non-profits, including Lawrenceville Corporation and the Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library. He also serves Pittsburgh’s Sacred Heart Parish, on its Pastoral Council and School Advisory Council.
Jason grew up near Pittsburgh, left after high school, and returned a decade later. During that time, he attended Notre Dame as a Hesburgh Scholar and member of the Honors Program; attended Michigan Law on partial scholarship; and spent time as a fry cook, a department store salesman, a road crew laborer, a night watchman, a gas station attendant, a waiter, a Catholic seminarian, a computer consultant, a teacher, and a landscaper. Happy to be back in the “City of Champions,” he lives in Pittsburgh’s East End with his long-suffering wife and their four children.