T: (732) 929-7298
M: (973) 902-4615
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation — Appellate
- Litigation — Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- MediationProfessional & Management Liability
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD, 2007
- Villanova University, BA Communications, 2000
Large Law Firm Experience
- Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
Karin K. Sage represents large corporations and small to mid-sized law firms in complex commercial disputes, fiduciary litigation, and legal malpractice defense. Her experience also includes high-stakes litigation arising out of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, buy-out disputes, shareholder claims, issues of fraud, and commercial estate/probate litigation. Business litigation matters require expedient and economical strategies, and Karin draws on over a decade’s worth of notable success representing clients at all levels of New Jersey state and federal courts, along with trying cases before the Disciplinary Review Board of the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Karin’s track record for speedy resolutions includes early settlements of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, along with winning dispositive motions on legal malpractice claims.
Committed to upholding the legal profession, Karin was appointed to serve as a member of the District Ethics Committee by the New Jersey Supreme Court in 2013 for a four-year term, and was reappointed for the 2017-2021 term. In 2015, she was appointed trustee of the Ocean County Bar Association, where she earlier acted as the Young Lawyer Liaison.
As a result of her legal accomplishments and service in Ocean County, Karin was awarded the Ocean County Bar Association Young Lawyer Award. She was also selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers -“Rising Stars” from 2013-2018.
Prior to joining the firm, Karin was a judicial clerk for the Hon. Vincent J. Grasso, Assignment Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, as well as an intern for the Hon. James R. Zazzali, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the Hon. James D. Clyne, Presiding Judge, Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Representative Transactions Include
- representing numerous BigLaw law firms against claims of professional malpractice
- defense of an international corporation in litigation alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and violation of the Trade Secrets Act
- representing a national snow removal company against a marine terminal arising from the marine terminal’s breach of a snow removal contract
- defending an international shoe company in litigation involving more than twenty separate causes of action arising out of the termination and buyout of a director/minority shareholder
- representing the President and managing member of ten plus limited liability companies in a dissociation action to remove a minority member.