Kimberly Dempsey Booher
Palo Alto Office
- Commercial Transactions
- Cyber-Risk, Privacy and Data Security
- General Corporate
- Internet E-Commerce
- Harvard Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 1998
- Boston University, B.A., International Relations, Summa Cum Laude, 1993
Large Firm Experience:
- Alston & Bird LLP
Ms. Booher concentrates her practice on privacy and data security matters, technology licensing, commercial transactions and general corporate matters. She has represented clients in a diverse array of industries and ranging in size from start-ups to large international corporations.
Ms. Booher has extensive experience advising clients on the development and design of websites and applications, developing Internet policies, advising on compliance issues, and drafting and negotiating a broad range of corporate and commercial contracts, including software licenses, development agreements, reseller agreements, non-disclosure agreements and cloud and software-as-a-service agreements.
Ms. Booher also has broad experience structuring and implementing the global expansion of Internet, e-commerce and technology services for major companies. This work includes advising on the legal issues associated with regimes governing the collection, handling and transnational movement of data and personal information.
Outside of practicing law, Ms. Booher is an accomplished harpist and pianist and participates in her community in music performance and education.
- Co-author, forthcoming (expected 4Q ’20) article in Marquette University Intellectual Property Law Review, American Privacy Law at the Dawn of a New Decade (and the CCPA): Overview and Practitioner Critique
- Data Breach and Cyber Incident Response Planning: More to Consider, Michigan Business Law Journal, Summer 2017 (with 3 co-authors)