Margaret B. Scullin
T: (404) 530-9372
C: (404) 395-3699
- Financial Services & Lending
Large Firm Experience:
- McCann FitzGerald, Dublin, Ireland
- Allen & Overy, LLP, London, United Kingdom
- SunTrust Banks, Inc. – First Vice President and Senior Counsel
- ObjectStar International Limited – Legal Counsel
- Bank of Ireland Securities Services Limited – Legal Counsel
- New York
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.A. Government & Political Theory
Ms. Scullin has broad international experience in banking and financial services and has focused her practice on derivatives and structured products. She represents financial institutions and end-users of derivatives in negotiating trading agreements and related collateral arrangements and advises on compliance with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act and the implementing rules and regulations. She has collaborated with commercial litigators to successfully and cost-effectively defend lawsuits involving derivatives transactions. Ms. Scullin has also advised issuers of structured products on compliance with regulatory guidance and industry best practices and has drafted product disclosures and negotiated numerous distribution agreements for both issuers and distributors.
Ms. Scullin began her legal career in the London headquarters of a large global law firm practicing US securities law. Upon moving to Dublin, she worked in-house for companies in the financial services and technology industries and then practiced as a qualified Irish solicitor at one of Ireland’s premier business law firms. Upon relocating to Atlanta and until joining FisherBroyles, Ms. Scullin served as in-house counsel at SunTrust Banks, Inc. supporting its derivatives, foreign exchange and structured product businesses.
- Margaret Scullin – “What’s in a Name? Structured Products Disclosure and Labeling in the US and EU – International In-House Counsel Journal (2011)