T: (314) 780-0727
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Venture Capital
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- Securities & Private Equity
- Northwestern University, Juris Doctor 1988
- DePauw University, BA Economics, Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude
Large Law Firm Experience
- Polsinelli PC
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
Corporate attorney with over 31 years of experience in transactional work for large and small privately held and public companies, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, corporate finance and securities. Works closely with the executive team of clients to understand the company’s business model so he can effectively and efficiently give practical legal advice resulting in the best business outcome for clients. Tim is experienced and proficient in advising companies with respect to general corporate and governance issues, entity formation, structuring incentive compensation plans, employment law issues, intellectual property issues, real property issues and negotiating and drafting business contracts. Tim has extensive experience in working with technology companies from formation, capital raising and scaling through sale.
Representative Transactions Include
- Lead counsel to network integration and cloud computing company in its sale to a private equity firm for $30,000,000.
- Lead counsel to network integration and cloud hosting company in its sale to a private equity firm for $25,000,000.
- Lead counsel in sale of healthcare company to a private equity firm for $10,000,000.
- Lead counsel in sale of network integration/cloud hosting company to private equity firm for $46,000,000.
- Lead counsel in sale of steel manufacturing company to strategic buyer for $36,000,000.
- Lead counsel in $10,000,000 Series A financing of fin-tech company.
- Lead counsel to venture capital firm in $25,000,000 Series B financing of life sciences company.
- Lead counsel to venture capital firm in $5,000,000 Series A financing of an agricultural technology company.
- Represented information technology company in $1,000,000 Series Seed financing funded by venture capital firm.
- Represented healthcare information technology company in $1,000,000 series seed financing.
- Represented data analytics company in $6,000,000 Series A financing.
- Lead counsel to venture capital firm in $5,000,000 Series A financing of apparel company.
- Lead counsel in sale of IT staffing company for $20,000,000 to international strategic buyer.
- Represented shareholders of construction company in $200,000,000 merger transaction with engineering company.
- Lead counsel in sale of human centered design company to strategic buyer in a multi-million dollar transaction.
- Lead counsel in sale of assets of restaurant chain for $25,000,000.
- Lead counsel in complex $62,000,000 asset purchase transaction of international metals trading business.
- Lead counsel for seller in $40,000,000 sale of national photography company to private equity firm.
- Lead counsel for private equity buyer of technology division of large publicly traded company in $275,000,000 international transaction.
- Lead counsel in merger of network integration company into subsidiary of publicly traded company in a transaction valued at over $40,000,000.
- Lead counsel for national air filter distribution company in sale of preferred stock to Goldman Sachs.
- Lead counsel in sale of intelligent analytics company to strategic buyer for $6,000,000.
Civic and Charitable Boards
- The LaunchCode Foundation – Member Board of Directors from 2017 to present.
- ITEN – Member of Advisory Board from 2017 to present.
- Enterprise Bank – Member of Advisory Board
- National Children’s Cancer Society – Member of Board of Directors from 2003 thru 2011. Served on Audit and Nominating Committees.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America – Member of Board of Directors of Midwest Chapter from 1998 thru 2012. Served as Vice President and Chairman of Research Alliance Committee.
- Louis Art Museum – Member of Board of Trustees of Corporate Partners Committee from 2008 thru 2015.
- Lakeside Center – Member of Board of Directors from 1994 thru 2016. President from 2012 thru 2016. Chairman of Residential Care Committee from 2000 thru 2012
- Missouri Venture Forum – Member of Board of Directors and Chairman of Program Committee from 2010 thru 2016.
- Association for Corporate Growth – Chairman of Ambassador Committee for two years.
- Juvenile Crime Coalition Board St. Louis County – Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Named to Best Lawyers in America for Mergers and Acquisitions
- Named to Best Lawyers in America for Corporate
- Named to Best Lawyers in America for Venture Capital
- Named Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyer
- Named to Best Lawyers by St. Louis Magazine
- Named a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Technology by American Lawyer and Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as Top 100 St. Louisans to Know to Succeed in Business in 2011 by Small Business Monthly
- Named as a Top Attorney by St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- Lead Attorney in M&A Transaction which was finalist for M&A Deal of the Year for Middle Market Transactions by the Merger and Acquisition Advisor, Inc. (d/b/a M&A Advisor)
- Named to 40 Under 40 by St. Louis Business Journal in 1999
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell